Hopiplaka's Journal

rod178

Well-Known Member
AusDoc said:
Pretty close. 1.62768 on mine, but filled.



Looking bearish still but plenty of reasons for crazy price action ATM and anything is possible, even 1.6413 some time next week. Good luck :)
Are you on MT5 ?
Is that H12 ?
what is the gmt offset ?
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
AusDoc said:
Pretty close. 1.62768 on mine, but filled.



Looking bearish still but plenty of reasons for crazy price action ATM and anything is possible, even 1.6413 some time next week. Good luck :)
The gap was filled yes :)

But I'm not bearish, look at the Cot data, seasonal tendencies, divergence on bonds and yields.

I have following BUY GBPUSD on demo (it's Friday :) )
 

Attachments

rod178

Well-Known Member
Retail sentiment still bullish Cable.

Went short 79 Fib, just above AR high, H1 OB, strong KSR april 2011 to Dec 2013.
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
rod178 said:
Stops now at BE.
Good, because I tweaked my entry a bit.
Price didn't move much after the news event, it got stuck at the1H order block.
So I got in after the break on the 1M candle.

Still aiming for the 127 and 161% upside extension of this weeks swing (1.6281 and 1.6341).
Not this week probably but the stage is set for next week.

Also see how the 4H EMA crossed over and there's a nice gap, even with a bearish candle inside (a signal to go long)
 

Attachments

AusDoc

Well-Known Member
Pretty well parked in the neutral zone on H4.



A good setup for an option straddle, though with two positions in the money I'd want some major news. It does seem to be building for a decent break though.

I have 4 brokers and on this one the gap looks filled but it missed by 1.7 pips.



Any way you slice it, this is not a strong gap fill. A good example of financial market indecision when faced with political turmoil on top of seasonal and other cyclical forces. Que sera, sera.
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
AusDoc said:
Pretty well parked in the neutral zone on H4.



A good setup for an option straddle, though with two positions in the money I'd want some major news. It does seem to be building for a decent break though.

I have 4 brokers and on this one the gap looks filled but it missed by 1.7 pips.



Any way you slice it, this is not a strong gap fill. A good example of financial market indecision when faced with political turmoil on top of seasonal and other cyclical forces. Que sera, sera.
Everybody who went short because we (almost on some platforms) closed the gap (and it is a nice resistance line) have put there stop losses where my take profit is. 1.6280 :)
See yesterdays 1hour bars for a nice and clean area
 

AusDoc

Well-Known Member
Hopiplaka said:
... where my take profit is. 1.6280 :)
You can win just on noise with that target Hopi :)

Did you notice the possible bullish hammer forming on the weekly chart? Could be that some of the poll panic will unwind next week.
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
AusDoc said:
You can win just on noise with that target Hopi :)

Did you notice the possible bullish hammer forming on the weekly chart? Could be that some of the poll panic will unwind next week.
I definitely notice the weekly bullish pin bar yes :)

I also note the divergence in 10/30 y bond prices and the divergence between uk and usd yields.
And I also saw the huge drop in open interest on COT charts on massive volume inside the weekly order block

And the 4H EMA is pointing to buys as well
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
Just for the ultra scalpers, the 1MIN chart, HTF=5MIN
Draw the 5MIN order block, wait for it to retrace, check divergence on stochastic.
Set sl in middle of 5 min order block, take profit previous high, 1:2 or 1:3 setup in 9 minutes :)
 

Attachments

AusDoc

Well-Known Member
Hopiplaka said:
Just for the ultra scalpers, the 1MIN chart, HTF=5MIN
Draw the 5MIN order block, wait for it to retrace, check divergence on stochastic.
Set sl in middle of 5 min order block, take profit previous high, 1:2 or 1:3 setup in 9 minutes :)
Need to think of a new nickname for you Hopi. Maybe "Killer" ...nah... "Action Man!" ... This is hard. Nothing quite captures all the concepts. Depth, breadth, scope, focus, committed student, decent chap, sense of humor, etc. I'll just make a note that all this and more adds up to Hopi.

That 1 minute illustration is a great example of the ICT basics isn't it. Did you see his latest video? I thought it was one of his clearest presentations of his order blocks. Oo.. sorry to be messing up your journal thread.
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
AusDoc said:
Need to think of a new nickname for you Hopi. Maybe "Killer" ...nah... "Action Man!" ... This is hard. Nothing quite captures all the concepts. Depth, breadth, scope, focus, committed student, decent chap, sense of humor, etc. I'll just make a note that all this and more adds up to Hopi.

That 1 minute illustration is a great example of the ICT basics isn't it. Did you see his latest video? I thought it was one of his clearest presentations of his order blocks. Oo.. sorry to be messing up your journal thread.
Thank you AusDoc. You're doing great too!

This is indeed an example of ICT material down to the lowest level. Now, this is not somethin I advocate (the spread is killing you), but this was just a nice example:
  • Determine your daily basis. That must be clear by now :D
  • Bounced of a support level, a fib level in this case
  • Broke market structure (the high of 9 minutes before the support line was hit)
  • note the Higher timeframe order block
  • Wait for a retrace at or into the order block
  • look for divergence
  • enter, take profit at know points:
    • previous swing high/low
    • 127% ext
    • 162% ext
I saw they video yes, it was a really good one indeed.

The whole level of ICT's teaching has massively improved this year I'd say.
But than again, it can be me who actually understands what he's talking about now :p
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
The issue is whether or not one is prepared to be trapped in the Cable over the weekend. Roll the dice.
 

Hopiplaka

My thanks go out to ICT - the life changer
rod178 said:
The issue is whether or not one is prepared to be trapped in the Cable over the weekend. Roll the dice.
That depends on what kind of trader you are :)
But with all those votes it's tricky.

But it gives the direction nonetheless.
A nice NYO long entry (OTE zone, 1 Hour order block) presented itself a few moments ago btw.
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Hopiplaka said:
That depends on what kind of trader you are :)
But with all those votes it's tricky.

But it gives the direction nonetheless.
A nice NYO long entry (OTE zone, 1 Hour order block) presented itself a few moments ago btw.
Was also a CDR run & trap out the longs pre-USA News.
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
Hopiplaka said:
That depends on what kind of trader you are :)
One whom avoids undefinable risk :eek:

The 'vote' may result in volatility that make past NFPs look like a non event(s)
 

Top