Scalping with Alpha-Bet


jack

Administrator
Staff member
Nice short scalps there. :)

Looks like you're scalping well, true to this journals title. :p

Swings though, maybe hitting a rough patch. Are you mostly counter trend trading for swings? Or is there a primary timeframe where you look for trends to swing then try to get an extreme of the opposite move on a lower timeframe?

Personally, I've been finding trending swings hard in this market over the past two months.. I just had what I thought was a killer long entry on GBP/USD show me 30+ pips of profit before running down and stopping me at break even, only to retrace the full distance back up and return to where I was 30+pips in profit not 20 minutes later. AUD's been shaky too... kinda frustrating.
 

Alpha-Bet

Well-Known Member
Jack said:
Nice short scalps there. :)

Looks like you're scalping well, true to this journals title. :p

Swings though, maybe hitting a rough patch. Are you mostly counter trend trading for swings? Or is there a primary timeframe where you look for trends to swing then try to get an extreme of the opposite move on a lower timeframe?

Personally, I've been finding trending swings hard in this market over the past two months.. I just had what I thought was a killer long entry on GBP/USD show me 30+ pips of profit before running down and stopping me at break even, only to retrace the full distance back up and return to where I was 30+pips in profit not 20 minutes later. AUD's been shaky too... kinda frustrating.
Yeah swings are a bit difficult lately.

Unfortunately due to journalistic integrity unable to document majority of scalp trades. Typing in trade and already moved a few pips so don't post..... hence those that get logged are probably 60/40 to hit S/L.. ;D Ability to log indicates loser lol! Nice filter.

All swings are counter trend... contrarian by nature :)
 

Ramy3

May the pips be with you!
nice. still waing on mine, lol.

-7.8 lol. will make it back on the next one.

every time i post it,lol.
 

Ramy3

May the pips be with you!
Lets try again. :) Shrt 91468 target 34 ema

Out -5.5

NO MORE POSTING TRADES FOR ME LOL.Dang It does not agree with me.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Ramy3 said:
Lets try again. :) Shrt 91468 target 34 ema

Out -5.5

NO MORE POSTING TRADES FOR ME LOL.Dang It does not agree with me.
Yeah, it's hard. I had to get over the feeling of 'pressure' myself when doing it.

Sometimes though, posting and telling the world about a loss can help you owning up to your responsibility and risk in that trade.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Alpha-Bet said:
Yeah swings are a bit difficult lately.

Unfortunately due to journalistic integrity unable to document majority of scalp trades. Typing in trade and already moved a few pips so don't post..... hence those that get logged are probably 60/40 to hit S/L.. ;D Ability to log indicates loser lol! Nice filter.

All swings are counter trend... contrarian by nature :)
Yeah, I wouldn't stress about recording all scalps as they happen, it's too fast and typing it out can slow you down. If you can manage to type it as they happen, cool, but don't sweat it if not. Focus on good trading first, and if it makes more sense to update the thread after the fact (kinda like I do on my equity journal) then you'll be free to write down a lot more of your thoughts as well as your trades.

:)

Speaking of filters, perhaps there's something in this crappy summer market we can look at to help cut down on a few choppy trades? Do you look at ATR or anything like that?

My biggest complaint isn't just about summer chop, but simply the ranges I see projecting from my setups are so small that they aren't worth paying the spread on the trade... patterns are all there, so I get excited, then I realize I'd have to risk 10 to make 4 pips and just turn off MT4...lol.
 

Top