ICT Homework Thread April 20 - May 2nd 2014

Would 1 Thread Suffice or a New one each week?


  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tansen

Well-Known Member
So since ICT asked for it some feedback as to how to better teach you I have created this thread, I am not in all the webinars but the today he mentioned it.

I am unable to recall what specifically this week's homework is but I'd say post your trades here if you do not wish to keep up with a journal. There is no penalty since I can't reach through the screen and slap you but you may have much to gain.




So this week is going to be a free pass unless someone can tell me what it is.

I will post the homework if I get word of it.

April 21-25 week's Homework:


Dealer's Range Charting
 

Tansen

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

sqa said:
I made a trade on Thursday using this.
I also made a poll to see if you guys want to make 1 thread or have a new one each week so people can review later and to keep it clean and orderly.
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Re: ICT Homework Thread

A new one per Month is probably a good idea. ICT will be off for the 2nd(?) week of May and all of either June or July.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

This belongs in the Systems and Methods board.. moving. :)
 

PipHanger

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Using the 1800 - 0 GMT Central Bank Dealing Range on NZDUSD...

Here I am using a 4HR Order Block for a short term Buy, Day Trade on NZDUSD...

Price ran down into 4HR Order Block, during Time of Day (Asian Session), within OTE.

The green box with CBD is the Central Banks Dealing Range, they left the highs to clean and sucked dumb money in short with a break out of this Range. We as Smart Money buy into the liquidity.

Price objective is OTE of previous days range, we have 400% Extension of our initial swing, all lining up with Bearish 4HR Order Block.

Let's see what grade I will receive on my Homework Assignment...
 

Attachments

PipHanger

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Using the Asia Range on GBPUSD to get a short into 4HR Order Block.

See if price on GBPUSD can push above Asia Range in LO for a Sell @ 1.6815
 

Attachments

SLT

Official GDayFX.com Rep
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Kiwi levels, I have not had time to watch ICT videos yet, though i have saved them.
apart from the rate hike, i can see these monthly levels impacting this pair.
For me it hard to see if price will be driven down harder first, before any more buying takes place. I know we are on this H4 block at present to, which could hold? so far so good anyway... there is also liquidity build up below, will it be raided? that my question, if i see a raid for lower prices, then it could be game on

edit, here's another chart
 

Attachments

TopFroxx

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

so much new material. need to find some time to go through it. can anyone give a very brief recap of the dealers range and how it is used?
appreciate it
 

Kuzia

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

TopFroxx said:
so much new material. need to find some time to go through it. can anyone give a very brief recap of the dealers range and how it is used?
appreciate it
Same here, at work all week... As i understand this is intraday scalping course?
 

juteksm

Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Was a bit late to take profit. Thought London close will be good time to get out.....but Smart Money is alway one step ahead of us. :)
 

Attachments

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

juteksm said:
Was a bit late to take profit. Thought London close will be good time to get out.....but Smart Money is alway one step ahead of us. :)
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Kuzia said:
Same here, at work all week... As i understand this is intraday scalping course?
Actually, it's not an intra-day scalping course. The way to *currently* use it is Intraday Trades because volatility is so low. You would use this exact same setup to get into a Swing position. If you know what the "Ridiculous Pip Hauls" method ICT has talked about at random before, this is also how you get into those trades.

I posted a link to the video presentation from Wednesday in the Price Action thread. The 3 videos + Dealer's Range go together. Thursday's Live Session notes cover the stuff Michael wanted to talk about for 45 minutes... that went for 4 hours. This will be expanded on in a future set of modules.

Attached picture is what the pair did by 11 GMT. I woke up late (I'm West Coast, for reference) to the USDJPY sitting on the ADR for my Short from yesterday. Closed the 2nd half of the trade for 53.7 pips. Which gives me ~90% of the Price Swing from yesterday's high. The pair could trend lower for the day (and in normal conditions I'd have held the trade longer), but Japan is on vacation next week.

Michael, thanks for the Chart. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

FXnewb1976

New Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

Poll: I think that we should have a homework thread for each month. It would give us a chance to work and track progress over a longer period of time, but not be too long.
 

Kuzia

Well-Known Member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

sqa said:
Actually, it's not an intra-day scalping course. The way to *currently* use it is Intraday Trades because volatility is so low. You would use this exact same setup to get into a Swing position. If you know what the "Ridiculous Pip Hauls" method ICT has talked about at random before, this is also how you get into those trades.

I posted a link to the video presentation from Wednesday in the Price Action thread. The 3 videos + Dealer's Range go together. Thursday's Live Session notes cover the stuff Michael wanted to talk about for 45 minutes... that went for 4 hours. This will be expanded on in a future set of modules.

Attached picture is what the pair did by 11 GMT. I woke up late (I'm West Coast, for reference) to the USDJPY sitting on the ADR for my Short from yesterday. Closed the 2nd half of the trade for 53.7 pips. Which gives me ~90% of the Price Swing from yesterday's high. The pair could trend lower for the day (and in normal conditions I'd have held the trade longer), but Japan is on vacation next week.

Michael, thanks for the Chart. :thumbsup:
What are those 2 red boxes above 18:00 - 00:00 GMT?
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Re: ICT Homework Thread

http://fxgears.com/forum/index.php/topic,226.msg4405.html#msg4405

See the homework. Those are the Dealer's Range Standard Deviations.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ICT Homework Thread

FXnewb1976 said:
Poll: I think that we should have a homework thread for each month. It would give us a chance to work and track progress over a longer period of time, but not be too long.
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top