TV Series I/YOU MUST WATCH?


Tansen

Well-Known Member
Hey guys,

Since I'm mid season I was wondering what shows you guys watch to curve your boredom?

Right now I'm working on Falling Skies and it's about alien invasions and how human kind is in a fight for survival against their alien oppressors. I keep screaming at my tv about the practical solutions to their decisions lol.

Others I watch are...

Avengers Assemble
Ultimate Spiderman
Big Bang Theory
The Last Avatar: Korra get's her groove back (Still waiting on Book 2 after disappoint book 1... I miss sokka)
The Walking Dead (waiting for new season)
The Middle (trying to get into this next)

Anything else you guys watch or can suggest?
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
*cough*

Traders

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115397/

Where my handle comes from ;P

Also, it has David Hewlett of 'Cube' and 'Star Gate' fame.

Totally a Canadian series though; excellent writing but shitty camerawork.
 

Tansen

Well-Known Member
fred9455 said:
Well right now I'm watching

American Greed

House of Cards (Netflix)

Ray Donovan (Showtime)
I actually want to watch american greed lol, but the problem is I don't have CNBC but I guess thats what the internet is for :D.

I was into these show before they cancelled it but:

Life, it stars a cop who was wrongfully imprisoned and in prison he learned to meditate and became a new man and when they realized they falsely imprisoned him he gets released and goes after them.

New Amsterdam, An immortal whom waunders the earth trying to find his true love so he can finally die. I guess it'd be death by orgasm or something. I like how he goes about answering age old questions such as why are most of the buildings before this time only go up to 6 stories high? His answer would be like because when they did the water pipes they could only pump the water up as high as 6 stories.
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
breaking bad - yes excellent , maybe one of the best ever.

Unfortunately Walt finally terminated himself as well as many drug criminals, so no more BB, hence did not include in my list.

However, I did read that there is planned a spin-off mini series that revolves around the Jessie Pinkman character.

PS the other no longer running best were.
- The Sopranos
- Twin Peaks
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
Spoilers? - series finished end Sep last year !!! Besides, no great leap to realise what would eventually happen to Walt, after all, he did have terminal cancer. Another tip off was the purchase of that M60. Knew it would eventually be put to good use.

I also know who killed Laura Palmer lol.
 

TommyL

Member
rod178 said:
Spoilers? - series finished end Sep last year !!! Besides, no great leap to realise what would eventually happen to Walt, after all, he did have terminal cancer. Another tip off was the purchase of that M60. Knew it would eventually be put to good use.

I also know who killed Laura Palmer lol.
I know what TopFroxx means though. Some people don't watch many series until they finish so they can watch all the series back to back.

Breaking Bad was OK but I preferred Prison Break to that. Also liked the Soprano's and Boardwalk Empire recently. For comedy, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and also How I Met Your Mother.

Ray Donovan will probably be my next viewing. Watched the first two episodes but hate waiting a week to watch the next episode.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
TommyL said:
I know what TopFroxx means though. Some people don't watch many series until they finish so they can watch all the series back to back.
That's pretty much what I do... it helps when the trend lately is to have a cliff-hanger ending at the end of each episode. lol

That said, anyone who likes to watch shows like this should check out The Wire if they haven't already seen it. Solid show with excellent writing and acting.
 

TommyL

Member
Jack said:
That's pretty much what I do... it helps when the trend lately is to have a cliff-hanger ending at the end of each episode. lol

That said, anyone who like watching shows like this should check out The Wire if they haven't already seen it. Solid show with excellent writing and acting.
Yeah I know what you mean there. I keep meaning to buy the Wire as a few people have recommended it over the years.

I'm also in to series three of Homeland too. No spoilers please. ;D
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
Even though it is over 20 years vintage I suggest that Twin Peaks is a must view series. David Lynch is totally off the wall.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
rod178 said:
Even though it is over 20 years vintage I suggest that Twin Peaks is a must view series. David Lynch is totally off the wall.
Now there's a show I've been meaning to check out for ages! Thanks for the reminder.
 

Top