Sqa's Introductory Guide to ICT's Works & Methods v2


Chrisrocs

Well-Known Member
Jack said:
Welcome to the forum Chrisrocs!
Thank you! Glad to be here.

the golden gun said:
I think I'm the only student that will be this honest with you, so hope you appreciate it. :p
I appreciate the honesty! Whenever I'm trying to learn something new, I always try to cut right through to the stuff that matters, so that my learning is as quick and efficient as possible. I think it's actually more of a result of laziness - I don't really like to beat around the bush spending years to learn something that I could learn in a solid year.

sqa said:
But the "core" is always: Key S&R, Market Structure, Order Flow. Everything builds off that. Those are the Core Concepts you need to get nailed down, no matter what. They'll let you read price action, which is where Intermarket Analysis can be very useful.
I think I kind of assumed that since these topics (Intermarket analysis and his fundamental analysis concepts) were given at the start of the series, they must be the "foundation" of how ICT is teaching me to trade. It sounds like that isn't necessarily the case, but rather, they are potentially supplementary to a trading plan (based on the fundamentals you outlined) if I should choose to use them down the line, once I have a solid foundation developed in the fundamentals you mentioned? If that's the case, it's certainly an odd way of presenting the concepts, a little confusing. I might be missing something.

Well thanks for your clarifications so far guys, much appreciated! Going to keep what you've said at the forefront of my mind and keep tackling these videos.
 

joepippin

Well-Known Member
the golden gun said:
Keep in mind sqa trades $100 account, I trade that per pip. But he's a good guy, just know who has what experience :)
lol...
GoldenGun...
Myfxbook? Videos? Pictures? Proof?
Just curious of your "Experience"
 

sqa

Village Scribe
It's worse! I'm actually back to demo for a little bit while I get comfortable with running multiple pairs at the same time. ;) (And attempt to increase my account funding. Opening an account turned into a hilarious run of events)

Note: Please keep the thread on the topic of learning from ICT's video catalog.

But if anyone does read down to this post, let me reiterate the point I made:

Some of ICT's Tools will "stick". Others will "not stick". The point is to Demo & learn to properly use the Tools that make sense to you. That's where you start. Keep it simple and straight forward. Then use the extension of tools to improve that skill set.

And if a tool doesn't work for you, just admit it, don't fret about it and move on. See Market Maker #2 where ICT pointed out, for probably the 5th time in a video, that he doesn't understand nor read bank reports. He limits his understanding of Fundamentals to what the Fundamentalists are doing in Price & COT data.
 

joepippin

Well-Known Member
sqa said:
It's worse! I'm actually back to demo for a little bit while I get comfortable with running multiple pairs at the same time. ;) (And attempt to increase my account funding. Opening an account turned into a hilarious run of events)

Note: Please keep the thread on the topic of learning from ICT's video catalog.

But if anyone does read down to this post, let me reiterate the point I made:

Some of ICT's Tools will "stick". Others will "not stick". The point is to Demo & learn to properly use the Tools that make sense to you. That's where you start. Keep it simple and straight forward. Then use the extension of tools to improve that skill set.

And if a tool doesn't work for you, just admit it, don't fret about it and move on. See Market Maker #2 where ICT pointed out, for probably the 5th time in a video, that he doesn't understand nor read bank reports. He limits his understanding of Fundamentals to what the Fundamentalists are doing in Price & COT data.
Fair enough Bud Sorry for getting off topic on your thread. :)
 

outthislife

Well-Known Member
the golden gun said:
If you find the person that profitably integrates ICT's "teachings" on Intermarket and Fundamental Analysis, please tell me.

I don't even look at the USDX.

whenever I start trying to get any fancier than retracements and stop runs, I start to lose money.

I think I'm the only student that will be this honest with you, so hope you appreciate it. :p
Do you not look at COT data, interest rates, treasury yields and the USDX at least monthly?
 

the golden gun

RINSE & REPEAT
sqa said:
It's worse! I'm actually back to demo for a little bit while I get comfortable with running multiple pairs at the same time. ;) (And attempt to increase my account funding. Opening an account turned into a hilarious run of events)

Note: Please keep the thread on the topic of learning from ICT's video catalog.

But if anyone does read down to this post, let me reiterate the point I made:

Some of ICT's Tools will "stick". Others will "not stick". The point is to Demo & learn to properly use the Tools that make sense to you. That's where you start. Keep it simple and straight forward. Then use the extension of tools to improve that skill set.

And if a tool doesn't work for you, just admit it, don't fret about it and move on. See Market Maker #2 where ICT pointed out, for probably the 5th time in a video, that he doesn't understand nor read bank reports. He limits his understanding of Fundamentals to what the Fundamentalists are doing in Price & COT data.
I never made money trying to trade how I thought ICT traded. I only started making anything consistently when I started trying to make 40-50 pips per week, and just let the knowledge seep into my trading wherever it felt natural...
 

garry

the art of war
the golden gun said:
I never made money trying to trade how I thought ICT traded. I only started making anything consistently when I started trying to make 40-50 pips per week, and just let the knowledge seep into my trading wherever it felt natural...
good post gg ,then try it on 4-6 pairs
 

the golden gun

RINSE & REPEAT
garry said:
good post gg ,then try it on 4-6 pairs
i've been closely studying the AUD + NZD combo, because of the ease of which I could adapt my SMT analysis. In fact, I would say the aussie and kiwi are even more correlated than cable fiber.

this ties into another area of developement, regarding my tendency to overtrade. whenever I look at my trade jotter end of week, and see a low % gain, or even a small loss on the week, it is almost always accompanied by numerous trades. small little R-multiples too, start getting _real_ short-sighted. anyways, having more pairs to study, will force me to see & pass even more setups, and really start to flesh out what defines a "creme de la creme" trade.

you heard it from ICT himself, he just looks for one winner, preferably 3R and then sits on it if its a win, or takes one shot at mitigation. Then I presume he is done for the week. It takes Iron will however, especially with the many new tools and concepts coming at me.

I know lotsa people see me as mr.hindsight (lol it's fine) but know that there is a real hard-working trader behind the scope!! I only look for 3% weekly myself, or 10-15% monthly, I think that's pretty modest :))
 

garry

the art of war
the golden gun said:
i've been closely studying the AUD + NZD combo, because of the ease of which I could adapt my SMT analysis. In fact, I would say the aussie and kiwi are even more correlated than cable fiber.

this ties into another area of developement, regarding my tendency to overtrade. whenever I look at my trade jotter end of week, and see a low % gain, or even a small loss on the week, it is almost always accompanied by numerous trades. small little R-multiples too, start getting _real_ short-sighted. anyways, having more pairs to study, will force me to see & pass even more setups, and really start to flesh out what defines a "creme de la creme" trade.

you heard it from ICT himself, he just looks for one winner, preferably 3R and then sits on it if its a win, or takes one shot at mitigation. Then I presume he is done for the week. It takes Iron will however, especially with the many new tools and concepts coming at me.

I know lotsa people see me as mr.hindsight (lol it's fine) but know that there is a real hard-working trader behind the scope!! I only look for 3% weekly myself, or 10-15% monthly, I think that's pretty modest :))
totally understand where u are coming from ,and yes the set ups can become endless as well as the pairs traded a close friend just makes his off euro .
while my main pairs are dax and uj,with gu eu next ,this year i will have 1 account for dax the rest for fx pairs and will review in 6 months the % gains .
im a busy trader as i trade asia from 5gmt then london ny untill london close .
your thread is good its not about live calls you made that clear from the start.
if you can do those figures 3% weekly 10-15 % your in the top % of traders pretty dam good.
im taking myself on a challenge with ict,s scalping modular goals vid on the dax same risk and mm .
 

outthislife

Well-Known Member
the golden gun said:
I know lotsa people see me as mr.hindsight (lol it's fine) but know that there is a real hard-working trader behind the scope!! I only look for 3% weekly myself, or 10-15% monthly, I think that's pretty modest :))
Your personality is interesting, TGG - you go from spiteful to hopeful daily.
 

d16y

Well-Known Member
Thanks for the guide sqa, very helpful in getting me started with ICT.

Anyone have any idea of where to access these 2 videos ?

Central Bank Dealer's Range Video
and
Inside the Range webinar

Didn't find them in the torrent and they seem like important concepts.

Much appreciated thanks.
 

Computater707

Well-Known Member
d16y said:
Thanks for the guide sqa, very helpful in getting me started with ICT.

Anyone have any idea of where to access these 2 videos ?

Central Bank Dealer's Range Video
and
Inside the Range webinar

Didn't find them in the torrent and they seem like important concepts.

Much appreciated thanks.
I found the Central Bank Dealer's Range Video in The Webiniars folder of the torrent and Inside the Range as day 17 of 25 days of Christmas in the torrent.
 

matty44

Well-Known Member
Hey guys, looking for a thread where people are posting their current ideas on ICT concepts on the daily markets...is this it, or is there a better thread?

Just my thoughts on the Fiber.

Price is retesting the weekly +OB at 1.1273, and there is a perfect convergence of 4h +OB at 1.12815 and the 70.5 fib level.

If it were LO I would've already bought, but I'm eyeing higher prices tomorrow. Thoughts????

Matty
 

Attachments

jack

Administrator
Staff member
matty44 said:
Hey guys, looking for a thread where people are posting their current ideas on ICT concepts on the daily markets...is this it, or is there a better thread?

Just my thoughts on the Fiber.

Price is retesting the weekly +OB at 1.1273, and there is a perfect convergence of 4h +OB at 1.12815 and the 70.5 fib level.

If it were LO I would've already bought, but I'm eyeing higher prices tomorrow. Thoughts????

Matty
There are quite a few.. the cable and fiber setups thread, the entire interactive trading board, etc..

Please feel free to chip in with your take on a given day and you'll likely get others chiming in to comment.
 

the golden gun

RINSE & REPEAT
matty44 said:
Hey guys, looking for a thread where people are posting their current ideas on ICT concepts on the daily markets...is this it, or is there a better thread?

Just my thoughts on the Fiber.

Price is retesting the weekly +OB at 1.1273, and there is a perfect convergence of 4h +OB at 1.12815 and the 70.5 fib level.

If it were LO I would've already bought, but I'm eyeing higher prices tomorrow. Thoughts????

Matty
hey matty44, love seeing the old skool gang still around :)) :thumbsup:

for some nostalgia...
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-275.html#post316518

So did you hit that $Million mark yet?? >:D
 

matty44

Well-Known Member
Ha, sadly not quite yet. My 2012 didn't continue so perfectly as the first few weeks did. Finished with a modest profit. 2013 was kinda of a down year, and I had my first kid in the fall of 2013, so I ended up not trading too much this past year. Frankly was a bit discouraged after 2013. But with the MM series and order blocks now in the mix, I'm feeling more positive and looking to get back in the swing of things again.
 

Top