Pepperstone Feedback

Ramy3

May the pips be with you!
Yeah, what he said, lol. :p Always wished i was as versed and explicative as Jack. But hey...
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Speechless! Thank you very much Jack for your detailed information, you definitely know your stuff! very informative and I very much appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I think as a trader you have found your place in life! Very good to hear you speak with so much interest and passion for what you are doing, and willing to share with others, I am in no doubt that you are very successful indeed.

The next step for me is to research a futures broker for access to this data via demo account and proceed with volume analysis from there. Thank you again, this is a great place you guys have here! ;)
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Tauranga said:
Speechless! Thank you very much Jack for your detailed information, you definitely know your stuff! very informative and I very much appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I think as a trader you have found your place in life! Very good to hear you speak with so much interest and passion for what you are doing, and willing to share with others, I am in no doubt that you are very successful indeed.

The next step for me is to research a futures broker for access to this data via demo account and proceed with volume analysis from there. Thank you again, this is a great place you guys have here! ;)
Thanks! :D Happy to help.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
The only difference I can see is that commissions are charged half on opening, and half on closing (that is, half of the posted RTL rate we see on MT4. In contrast, MT4 shows the full charge when you open the trade. That and commissions are set as a unit of the currency being traded, which adds a little variance in the commission cost depending on which pair you are trading.

cTrader's mobile platform works well for Android. I didn't test it out on iPhone since I'm a droid person, but I imagine it's the same interface. Even the HTML5 version of the web client runs well on mobile devices.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Also, they have a relay connection setup in NYC for us Canucks in North America, but they also have connections out of Europe and in Asia for others around the world. I think the main execution server is in London.
 

rod178

Well-Known Member
My understanding (limited) is that CTrader is ECN only, hence the commissions are charged on each half turn.

With all the recent MT4 build 600 issue I'm certainly considering investigating CTrader.

What is the scripting language based upon?

EDIT: found some material on cAlgo, which as far as I can determine is the scripting language.Seems that it is based upon C#.
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Guys, quick question please regarding funding an account with Pepperstone if I may, I notice from the login control panel we are able to fund via Bank Wire / TT / Electronic Funds Transfer and Credit /Debit Card. With regards to the Credit /Debit Card Fund transfer, are there any other fees other than the 3% card fee? Many thanks in advance for any pointers! :)
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Tauranga said:
Guys, quick question please regarding funding an account with Pepperstone if I may, I notice from the login control panel we are able to fund via Bank Wire / TT / Electronic Funds Transfer and Credit /Debit Card. With regards to the Credit /Debit Card Fund transfer, are there any other fees other than the 3% card fee? Many thanks in advance for any pointers! :)
So long as the CC you're using is denominated in the same currency you're depositing, then that's pretty much it. (If not, then your CC's issuing bank might mark up the currency conversion.)

That said, there's a local bank transfer option that works in 52 countries and is free.. or at least it's free if you deposit $1k or greater USD. It takes a few days to go through but it can save you quite a bit in fees.
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Hey Jack, thank you kindly for your feedback and I hope that you are well! I may try the local bank transfer option as I don't mind waiting a few days for the transfer. I'll try the CC option later on and the CC I use is denominated in the same currency I am depositing, thanks for your help! always appreciate your quick replies here, good trades coming your way!
 

Ramy3

May the pips be with you!
http://www.theage.com.au/small-business/entrepreneur/is-pepperstone-headed-for-an-ipo-20131219-2zlze.html
 

Ramy3

May the pips be with you!
I am no longer allowed to post on forex factory’s commercial Pepperstone thread. Fucking idiots. Internet people are more and more of a joke to me. Let’s all hail they paying brokers who keep screwing you over, but pay the forums to keep it as quite as possible. What a joke.
 

sqa

Village Scribe
I've heard really, really good things about Pepperstone.

Mind you, I'm an American, so it doesn't much matter, but the reviews tends to be very good. For what it's worth.
 

Nar

New Member
hey guys,

I recently opened an account with them,
So far there have been multiple times when i couldn't log into my account (during News, LO, etc). Today i was trading the NYO and had a pending order waiting, but during the open i was logged out and for 30 min couldn't log back in, my pending order was reached but wasn't filled and the actual order disappeared. The live help at first wanted me to try different browsers etc but after a while just said they had an issue they are looking into. It's been an hour and i still cant trade.
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Nar said:
hey guys,

I recently opened an account with them,
So far there have been multiple times when i couldn't log into my account (during News, LO, etc). Today i was trading the NYO and had a pending order waiting, but during the open i was logged out and for 30 min couldn't log back in, my pending order was reached but wasn't filled and the actual order disappeared. The live help at first wanted me to try different browsers etc but after a while just said they had an issue they are looking into. It's been an hour and i still cant trade.
cTrader or MT4?
 

Nar

New Member
the web trader and the phone app have some room to grow, after talking to live chat I am using the MT4 platform, and so far so good.
 

foreigner

Est. 12480 Hours and Counting
Has anyone experienced these issues with Pepperstone?

1. Stop Raids where the broker will push pricing 10 pips or more further than the interbank market rate.

2. Optimal Entry Blocking where the broker will prevent price from entering optimal trade zones.

3. Off Quotes where the broker rejects stop orders placed at market.
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Re: Pepperstone Swap Rates

Hey guys, please can anyone advise as to how to see the swap rates in the MT4 software for the currencies please? I go into market watch, select symbols, choose a pair, but there is no 'properties' selection for where to view the Swap rates for each pair. Thank you kindly for any pointers! ;) :thumbsup:
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Pepperstone Swap Rates

Tauranga said:
Hey guys, please can anyone advise as to how to see the swap rates in the MT4 software for the currencies please? I go into market watch, select symbols, choose a pair, but there is no 'properties' selection for where to view the Swap rates for each pair. Thank you kindly for any pointers! ;) :thumbsup:
From here:
https://pepperstone.com/trading-accounts/swaps.php

Pepperstone Swap Rates
For the latest Swap rates please see the Pepperstone MT4 Trading Platform. To view the rates select:
View > Market Watch
The Right Click on the Market Watch and select Symbols
Then choose the currency pair you wish to check and select Properties.
 

Top