ICT Forexmas 2014 / Market Maker Series

FTMO Trader Scouting

rod178

Well-Known Member
Zimka said:
Is anyone can share Chris lori Inside the banks and Global fundamentals?

LOL, u pop up from nowhere and expect someone to 'pirate' Lori's material for ya?!
 
Hi guys, hope i have the right post here, i've found help here before, maybe this time too!

I was waiting with baited breath for the MM series to continue; now the last few are out I'm a little confused by the Short-Term long entry given as an example in MM10, maybe one of you might be able to help.

In MM09 for a swing trade entry Michael identified a return to the equilibrium of a daily candle as the area in which to look for OBs forming, with perhaps an eye on the resistance area above/below it. In MM10, though, (as well as a potential turtle soup entry) he uses only a return to the equilibrium of the wick of the down candle in a +OB as entry, even though this OB itself also forms a swing low. I thought it might be because in the example in MM10 we are moving rapidly away from this low and the swing entry in MM09 was referring to a return into an area of interest in a previous swing high/low but I went back and looked over i.e. the EURUSD daily chart back to around Sept. 2014 and I noticed that very often the daily candle either is moved away from too rapidly or, if there is a return, this return often moves quite deeply into the OB body before moving away, much more in line with the idea in MM09.

I feel like i'm missing something fundamental in the framing of this idea, is it a ranging/consolidation approach vs. a trending approach or am i missing something even more basic?

I'd appreciate the help, thanks in advance!
Adrian
 

sqa

Village Scribe
I'll try to get to the question if I have some time.


http://TheInnerCircleTrader.com/Videos/092315.mp4
 

sqa

Village Scribe
rustybucket said:
Hi guys, hope i have the right post here, i've found help here before, maybe this time too!

I was waiting with baited breath for the MM series to continue; now the last few are out I'm a little confused by the Short-Term long entry given as an example in MM10, maybe one of you might be able to help.

In MM09 for a swing trade entry Michael identified a return to the equilibrium of a daily candle as the area in which to look for OBs forming, with perhaps an eye on the resistance area above/below it. In MM10, though, (as well as a potential turtle soup entry) he uses only a return to the equilibrium of the wick of the down candle in a +OB as entry, even though this OB itself also forms a swing low. I thought it might be because in the example in MM10 we are moving rapidly away from this low and the swing entry in MM09 was referring to a return into an area of interest in a previous swing high/low but I went back and looked over i.e. the EURUSD daily chart back to around Sept. 2014 and I noticed that very often the daily candle either is moved away from too rapidly or, if there is a return, this return often moves quite deeply into the OB body before moving away, much more in line with the idea in MM09.

I feel like i'm missing something fundamental in the framing of this idea, is it a ranging/consolidation approach vs. a trending approach or am i missing something even more basic?

I'd appreciate the help, thanks in advance!
Adrian


MM9 is focused on Weekly Chart trades, which expectation of much longer hold times or the explosive responses. MM10 is more of a 2-5 Day hold. MM10 is also dealing with In-Trend Trades, mostly based on Turtle Soup Entries (that are hovering outside of a OB). The main thing you're missing is what I call "Look Left". You can home in on the likely response levels within a larger OB by looking to the Left and sorting out where the Orders are resting within the OB. That's why the 50% guideline of the Order Block is what we want to see. (It also lets you apply the logic all up & down the time scale)

Or maybe just look at MM9 as a Trend Reversal Trade. MM10 as Trend Continuation.
 

jonnycab

Well-Known Member
15rf7eg.jpg
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
It saddens me that I had to delete that last post by Chris.. but he requested it.
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Jack said:
It saddens me that I had to delete that last post by Chris.. but he requested it.

It's hard to hold anything against anyone when they're drunk & typing. Mostly as only about 1/2 of the messages could actually be figured out what he was trying to say. Haha.
 

jonnycab

Well-Known Member
sqa said:
It's hard to hold anything against anyone when they're drunk & typing.

why do i take so much flak then? :)) :-X

on a more serious note, Chris's post was one of the better ones in this thread... its a shame it had to go
 
that's a real shame, it was damn funny. hope he doesn't feel too bad, after all better a drunken stream-of-consciousness post on a forum than drunken trading....!
 

shopster

Well-Known Member
ICT clown show hat trick.


Smoke And Mirrors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDPnaTQF6Dw


Lost Cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NN9JY5fbwc


Ready, Aim, Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJMWRJDKg5s

RIP

s
 

Attachments

  • a.gif
    a.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 21
  • b.gif
    b.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 20
  • c.gif
    c.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 19
  • d.gif
    d.gif
    62 KB · Views: 17
J

Jeronimo

Guest
Think you guys need help... Fixation syndrome, i think it's called...
 
J

Jeronimo

Guest
[member=269]sqa[/member] Don't mind those winners who posted above. If it works for you use it. Period. Not a fan of ict but your posts are appreciated.

J
 

sqa

Village Scribe
Jeronimo said:
[member=269]sqa[/member] Don't mind those winners who posted above. If it works for you use it. Period. Not a fan of ict but your posts are appreciated.

J

They don't bother me, [member=1116]Jeronimo[/member] . (I honestly didn't know the Mentions thing existed until you used it, haha) Though it's still funny I ended the "village scribe" because I could never get Twitter's links to properly download. So I just drop them here (though the Preview function does all that I need), but it's pretty easy to just post up the threads. I do actually like helping others.
 
J

Jeronimo

Guest
No worries, as said not an ict fan, but appreciate your posts. Who knows, i may learn something useful...

J
 
FTMO Trader Scouting
Top