ICT Forexmas 2014 / Market Maker Series


jack

Administrator
Staff member
Sh0ckw4ve said:
shouldn't this already be possible on the fxg forum somehow?
It is possible, yes...

I can setup a forum that only one person has posting permission to but everyone else can view (or a select group only are allowed to reply but not everyone.)

Of course, all that needed to happen was someone PM me with what they'd like to setup. I've actually done a few private boards before for people here, so it's not a new concept.)
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Not for nothing, but this is really what the feedback and suggestion board is for (asking about such things..) I would have noticed the question there and offered up a solution right away.

Outthislife, if you're keen on jazzing the place up, I'd be happy to talk to you about enhancing FXGears a bit atop of providing read-only forums.
 

outthislife

Well-Known Member
Jack said:
Outthislife, if you're keen on jazzing the place up, I'd be happy to talk to you about enhancing FXGears a bit atop of providing read-only forums.
That'd be cool. Not sure what else you'd want to do though :O

jcab, enabled
 

Ninja

Member
Hello everyone:

New here and just came across ICT's materials and videos a couple of weeks back. Needlessly to say, am blown away by the wealth of information Michael has put out.

I have watched several of his videos and understood most concepts like Kill zones, turtle soup, OTE etc.

However there are 2 terms which I have heard him speak about, but not found a video to explain them:
1. Trinity
2. Reflection pattern.

Can someone please let me know which video does he go over these concepts? Or if possible post a short write up on these here?

Thank you,
 

Computater707

Well-Known Member
Ninja said:
However there are 2 terms which I have heard him speak about, but not found a video to explain them:
1. Trinity
2. Reflection pattern.

Can someone please let me know which video does he go over these concepts? Or if possible post a short write up on these here?

Thank you,
Have you really explored all the resources concerning ICT on this site?
Squa's compilation from the old ICT torrent- 25 days of Xmas - Day 11 Traders Trinity

http://fxgears.com/forum/index.php/topic,563.0.html

slug fx's exellent notes in pdf form- great for reviewing videos or finding where a topic is covered- look thru the trade plan development series for ICT reflection pattern- That is where I think I first saw it.

http://fxgears.com/forum/index.php/topic,339.0.html

I think the most recent time he mentioned Traders Trinity ICT said he did not use it anymore.
 

Tansen

Well-Known Member
Ninja said:
Hello everyone:

New here and just came across ICT's materials and videos a couple of weeks back. Needlessly to say, am blown away by the wealth of information Michael has put out.

I have watched several of his videos and understood most concepts like Kill zones, turtle soup, OTE etc.

However there are 2 terms which I have heard him speak about, but not found a video to explain them:
1. Trinity
2. Reflection pattern.

Can someone please let me know which video does he go over these concepts? Or if possible post a short write up on these here?

Thank you,

Uhhh Trinity wise, she was the love interest in the matrix for Neo.






As far as I remember, the Trinity was used two ways;
1. Monthly for the month its an overlay on the chart... I believe it's basically a fib from last month drawn on to the forward month?(citation needed) but for use wise it was to determine an over bought or sold behavior. The top area is overbought, the middle 3 lines are "dead mans land", and the area below that is oversold.

Frankly I don't think its reliable because price does whatever and a moving average would of shown your the same thing except for dead mans.

2. Same thing but used on a daily scale.

Again I feel its unreliable.

Reflection is something I don't really trade so I don't remember much but from what I remember it was when price goes 1 way and then complete reverts the other way (see today's NFP USD/CAD June 5th, 2015 as a good example of)

I don't trade it.


Just because I don't trade it doesn't mean you don't have to.
 

Ninja

Member
lol...Re: Trinity!

Anyways, thanks for the pointers, Tansen! Will see how i can incorporate some of these concepts into my own trading.

Thank you
 

sqa

Village Scribe
jaywalker said:
Anyone had any tweets from ICT? Haven't received one since middle of last week
His twitter auto-deletes posts after 5 or 6 days. Apparently no one notices that he's mentioned that bit before. Or that his # of Tweets is always rapidly going down. (This is why I keep copies of the important stuff)

As for where he is, it's the start of June. There's a good chance 3 of his boys are just out of school for the year. Especially if they ended the year on a Wednesday (which is fairly common in the States). With how much distractions bother Michael, having all 3 of the boys running around the house strikes me as a time he'd be kind of quiet. He also happened to go really quiet last year around this time.

He'll be back. He always is. :)
 

jonnycab

Well-Known Member
sqa said:
As for where he is, it's the start of June. There's a good chance 3 of his boys are just out of school for the year. Especially if they ended the year on a Wednesday (which is fairly common in the States). With how much distractions bother Michael, having all 3 of the boys running around the house strikes me as a time he'd be kind of quiet. He also happened to go really quiet last year around this time.
 
Hi there,
excuse me if this Q has been answered elsewhere - if anyone's willing to tell me where i'll get myself on over there double time with a big thank you.

It was only when watching MM9 that I realized ICT has a USDX indicator as a chart overlay, the OverLayChart-MA. Excellent! I thought, that is THE killer tool.

But I can't get it to work. His ICT USDX as an indicator works fine but it'd be great to have it in the chart window as an overlay rather than in an indicator window. My settings are all as he made them in the video, anyone have the same problem? It works on other pairs, weirdly enough, just not the for the USDX. My broker is FxPro if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance to anyone wiling and able to help,
Adrian
 

sqa

Village Scribe
rustybucket said:
Hi there,
excuse me if this Q has been answered elsewhere - if anyone's willing to tell me where i'll get myself on over there double time with a big thank you.

It was only when watching MM9 that I realized ICT has a USDX indicator as a chart overlay, the OverLayChart-MA. Excellent! I thought, that is THE killer tool.

But I can't get it to work. His ICT USDX as an indicator works fine but it'd be great to have it in the chart window as an overlay rather than in an indicator window. My settings are all as he made them in the video, anyone have the same problem? It works on other pairs, weirdly enough, just not the for the USDX. My broker is FxPro if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance to anyone wiling and able to help,
Adrian
You have to have the USDX as a pair on your broker. There's a set of USDX tools that works by creating it from the feeds of parts, if your broker doesn't offer USDX.
 

Top