EUR / AUD


SLT

Official GDayFX.com Rep
Hows this for an Entry...
i was smashed twice though jumping the gun! :eek: now in the clear back in the black on this one, lost about 15 pips, now up 35 pips, should take some off now, then let it run.
 

Attachments

sqa

Village Scribe
We should call order blocks that get returned to, where you can get another trade in the same direction something fun.

"Double Tap" is taken. "Identical Twins"? "Payday Block"? "Cruise ship"?

Need a good name for it.
 

SLT

Official GDayFX.com Rep
TopFroxx said:
long from 30, same entry :) neat H1 orderblock at OTE and 20 institutional level.
Am looking at this type of movement, though i dont like that we did not quite break below
"4" - 1.47670 is a critical level for me, price also just reacted to it, possibly heading down from here, if we can sit on top of that level, there might be a chance in my book...
 

Attachments

TopFroxx

Well-Known Member
i need to move to australia, so i can trade the asia session :p

ea dipped just below yesterdays previous low into marked long area (ote and h1 order block) and then took off. should have set a limit order.
 

Attachments

SLT

Official GDayFX.com Rep
TopFroxx said:
i need to move to australia, so i can trade the asia session :p

ea dipped just below yesterdays previous low into marked long area (ote and h1 order block) and then took off. should have set a limit order.
Yep! i should have left some room for it to, it hit BE stop.
There could be another chance to get in on this long, at a later time/date
good work anyway, a profit is better than a loss.

Id say it is going for the liquidity above the 2nd April high
Aussie CPI numbers today could be giving it reason to
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Hey guys, hadn't charted EURAUD until yesterday and took another trade on this beauty today, I must say upon first glance that this pair certainly achieves good swings/ its character seems to go further than most other pairs that I have traded, I wondered why this pair seemed to go the extra mile so to speak? This pair seems to go twice the distance! Good trades! ;)
 

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Tauranga said:
Hey guys, hadn't charted EURAUD until yesterday and took another trade on this beauty today, I must say upon first glance that this pair certainly achieves good swings/ its character seems to go further than most other pairs that I have traded, I wondered why this pair seemed to go the extra mile so to speak? This pair seems to go twice the distance! Good trades! ;)
Late reply, but AUD had it's own thing going on around the same time, so the 'extra mile' is/was related to AUD rebounding since it's lows in Feb. That helps pressures EUR/AUD to the downside when the Euro gets sold off.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20... It's better to keep an eye on multiple cross pairs and just focus on clean setups, they'll have various reasons to go into (and out of) periods of awesome moves, but your focus on your strategy and setups shouldn't change (..it's just the outcome that benefits.)
 

AusDoc

Well-Known Member
Tauranga said:
I must say upon first glance that this pair certainly achieves good swings/ its character seems to go further than most other pairs that I have traded

This pair seems to go twice the distance! Good trades! ;)
This quantifies your observations.

ADR =>__5__240
EURUSD_60___76
AUDUSD_47___82
EURAUD_93__133

Can't tell you why exactly. Just wanted to try the table tool. :))
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Thank you Doc for the Average Daily Range figures, yes the EURAUD certainly has been making some very nice travels of recent when compared to the Majors! :)) Good Trades!

AusDoc said:
This quantifies your observations.

ADR =>__5__240
EURUSD_60___76
AUDUSD_47___82
EURAUD_93__133

Can't tell you why exactly. Just wanted to try the table tool. :))
 

Tauranga

Well-Known Member
Hi Jack thanks for your comments, I always appreciate your experienced view :)) I am watching also the inverse/negative correlation pairs too, I find it helps me with confirmation/non-confirmation going in for the kill so to speak! Good trades! ;)

Jack said:
Late reply, but AUD had it's own thing going on around the same time, so the 'extra mile' is/was related to AUD rebounding since it's lows in Feb. That helps pressures EUR/AUD to the downside when the Euro gets sold off.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20... It's better to keep an eye on multiple cross pairs and just focus on clean setups, they'll have various reasons to go into (and out of) periods of awesome moves, but your focus on your strategy and setups shouldn't change (..it's just the outcome that benefits.)
 

Top