Forex Peace Army Review of FXGears...

FTMO Trader Scouting

jack

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/8989/fxgears.com

[snip]Typical of everything distasteful about amateur trading forums. Members appear more interested in arguing with each other, disrespecting & bad mouthing anything they personally don't agree with & generally posting up low quality content...[snip]

In some ways they aren't wrong. You guys are pretty nasty toward each other.

Maybe we can do better? :)

"Typical of everything distasteful about amateur trading forums. Members appear more interested in arguing with each other, disrespecting & bad mouthing anything they personally don't agree with & generally posting up low quality content..."

"Had a good browse around it over the past few days & it's just another average forum serving up the same type of content as all the other mainstream sites.
It's not bad but it's certainly no better than anything else out there."

some retail to snack on, cant be bothered to dig for the gems 8)

Jack said:
http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/8989/fxgears.com

In some ways they aren't wrong. You guys are pretty nasty toward each other.

Maybe we can do better? :)

when exactly did we set out to be more like the 99%?

fuck 'em 8)

If it is the same guy, which I suspect it is, then negativity reigns, it's how he operates.

Sometimes posters here can be abrasive, maybe even nasty, but it is all in a day's read, no big deal.

The only part of that guy's post that rings true is the lack of information threads, that's why I had a go at some threads focusing on the right side of the chart.

I enjoyed the recent trend thread, might start one in a month or so when I see a trend materialize, remember a couple of years ago doing that on Eur/Usd, called it the 'pesky' line, went on for a week before being broken. Reason for being 'pesky' was that price was respecting the trend and not the fundies ... I think :)

And just for good measure, Eur/Gbp hr1 there is such a line in action, but friendly rather than pesky since it agrees with how I see the fundies.

So putting my neck on the line, (pun intended) , early tomorrow the line will be on 85.00, so buy that cross and sell Gbp/Usd right now:

Eur/Gbp 85.08
Gbp/Usd 1.3218

If enough of you do I'll buy you all a pint :)

Thanks guys - time to exit at 1.3160 and 85.20 - pints all round.

Edit - btw good chance of leaving some on cable but it's Friday afternoon

Apologies for the thread hijack, it was just that I saw the GBP thing set up on Thursday evening and thought about the FPA poster from Lincolnshire, figured that I'd show him that the FXgears crew can move the market.

We left some on the table but that was because he was likely a buyer right then :)

Peterma said:
Apologies for the thread hijack, it was just that I saw the GBP thing set up on Thursday evening and thought about the FPA poster from Lincolnshire, figured that I'd show him that the FXgears crew can move the market.

We left some on the table but that was because he was likely a buyer right then :)

Yep, spoon feed 'em.
That's what they want.

PS: good calls

AB, it wasn't about the call, more maybe about what Douglas calls the 'zone'.

This is where a forum such as FXGears, especially Gears because it's not filled with questions like what is a MA, can come into play.

Guys can be aggressive, nasty, call each other names, but get them actually conversing, and in there somewhere you can get a feel of the zone - that is why I enjoyed the trend thread so much.

As Williams said - this is a thinking man's (I'll add woman's for the PC brigade) game.

The long road to PA "Mastery" requires an emotional outlet such as FXgears.

The issue most have is that they (want to) believe that there exists the guru or indicator that will quickly make them profitable.

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back