Hi from the beautiful Mournes.

FTMO Trader Scouting

Peterma

Hi everyone.
I'm Peter, born, live and love the Mourne Mountains in Ireland.

I have spent my entire adult life in business, first as an eager 17yr old learning from a very experienced accountant/entrepreneur and then 8 yrs later, now 32 yrs ago setting out on my own.
My interest in trading started 18yrs ago with a book that I've long forgotten.

I had a baptism of fire so to speak, I actually began in the trading world by investing in stocks, the majority were in the Nasdaq - I held one of the biggest fallers in that index when the crash came, the losses were large.
I am grateful that in the following years other investments returned those losses.

I have read much, learned a lot and experienced more in the last 10 yrs, I have enjoyed immensely ICT's videos, I have probably learned more from him in 3 years than all the previous years put together - why?, because he provokes thought, many times he would lay out a scenario on a chart and then say 'think about it'.

It's good to see a new forum on the internet, I'm a big believer in communication, I am totally convinced that retail traders working together can be a powerful force.

I am a little older now and maybe as a consequence feel an affinity to the traders from the past, in particular Richard Wyckoff. His love of retail traders and their absolute need for education inspires me.

Hello and welcome!

You touched upon one of the key points I like to with knowledgeable traders who give back through teaching: Provoking thought.

A lot of new traders just want their hand held and trades fed to them, but the key to this business is thinking for yourself. Sure, take what someone shares with you and even follow their ideas closely, but it should inspire your own thoughts in the process. The market changes over time and without an independent mind it can be hard to adapt to what works in the future.

Peterma said:
It's good to see a new forum on the internet, I'm a big believer in communication, I am totally convinced that retail traders working together can be a powerful force.

I am a little older now and maybe as a consequence feel an affinity to the traders from the past, in particular Richard Wyckoff. His love of retail traders and their absolute need for education inspires me.

By all means, start a conversation about Wyckoff's methods, or any other 'older' traders you feel are worth mentioning. I know I could sure use an excuse to read up on them. :)

Cheers!

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back