Hello Traders

FTMO Trader Scouting

SAJ8Q

Hello traders,

I would just like to introduce myself. I was introduced to Forex about 4 years ago and had spent over a year learning with varied success demoing. I had been through all learning material on babypips and had closely followed the work of Martin Pring. This involved going through many hours of online and video tutorials. Unfortunately, due to other commitments was not able to pursue my aspirations in becoming a successful trader. However, I have recently decided to return to trading and have stumbled across ICT which has blown me away because of it's practical approach to trading. ICT methodologies have enabled me change my mindset and now consider trading as a business with a view to eventually pursuing it full-time.

I also have a background in Java enterprise software development and intend to use my skills to assist my trading decisions.

I look forward in getting to know everyone and sharing.

Thank you all!

SAJ8Q said:
I also have a background in Java enterprise software development and intend to use my skills to assist my trading decisions.

I suppose you will be using Dukascopy?

I am still using demo accounts with Alpari and trying to get comfortable with ICT methodologies. I then need to develop a trading plan which I will be following for a few months after which will investigate automating signals/trades. I will definitely investigate dukascopy :) but will depend on the trading approach that I will adapt.

I have also played around with machine learning algorithms using R in the past and intend to investigate it's application to trading some time in the future.

What's your experience of dukascopy?

Spreads are better at pepper, and the y don't support UHD screens at jtrader (yet) other then that, solid.

-TL1

SAJ8Q said:
I am still using demo accounts with Alpari and trying to get comfortable with ICT methodologies. I then need to develop a trading plan which I will be following for a few months after which will investigate automating signals/trades. I will definitely investigate dukascopy :) but will depend on the trading approach that I will adapt.

I have also played around with machine learning algorithms using R in the past and intend to investigate it's application to trading some time in the future.

What's your experience of dukascopy?

Several years ago I placed Dukas on the backburner after cTrader was released. The rationale being that I did not want to lock myself into one Broker, which developing a skillset in JForex would essentially entail. Also, Java never really grabbed me, nor did transferring funds offshore. ASIC whilst not perfect is at least 'here' and accessible.

Theoretically JForex is more powerful that the MT4 (similar C++) language, although not now by as wide a margin since MT4 acquired Classes etc. It is also very mature. The cTrader Algo language still lacks the functionality I require, so that is also now on the backburner.

MT4, although far from perfect, provides a wider choice of Brokers (my choices Axitrader,Pepperstone and sometimes IC Markets, in that order)and the spreads are now very competitive with JForex, although not as competitive with cTrader. If i was not a coder I would exclusively use cTrader.

PS To reduce 'Broker Risk' I prefer a higher margin than Dukas provides and decent spreads require a significant deposit of funds. Additionally, I am not enamoured with the security of any funds in Estonia. Dukas is not as Swiss as they make out. Do some research.

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back