@Mentions and the return of post Likes!

FTMO Trader Scouting

jack

Administrator
Staff member
Hello FXGearheads! :D

I'd like to announce a few changes to the boards:

1) Mentioning members in posts. You can now mention a member directly in your post and said member will be notified that you mentioned them.

Do do this: Just type the '@' sign followed by the member's name. A drop down menu to auto-complete the member's name should appear for ease of use. It looks like this:

pd1n01M.png

This feature can be used to give a shout-out to other members in your post, or to get a member's attention. Members who get mentioned in a post will be notified via a new page in their profile menu, and via email. Visit the new profile menu "mentions" link at the top to adjust notifications settings if you so desire.

For example: [member=335]AusDoc[/member] Hey bud! Come out and give some brokers heck for their lax customer deposit security and overall bad capital structure. :)

2) The return of the Like feature is at hand! All old likes have been restored and should now display on the boards. New likes can be done by clicking the lick button on a post.

qBN22Ke.png

Remember though, if you really like someone's post, don't just "like" it, reply and tell them! :D

As always, any feedback and suggestions for the site are welcome.

Cheers!
Jack

[member=1]Jack[/member]
Like feature is still, dead baby,dead..
And [member=335]AusDoc[/member] isn't around anymore :'( :'(.
:poke:

-P

[member=1]Jack[/member] Hey Jack! This seems like a pretty cool feature, what do you guys think? [member=524]outthislife[/member] [member=555]Piper 2.0[/member] [member=48]rod178[/member] [member=269]sqa[/member] [member=543]Chrisrocs[/member] [member=9]shopster[/member] [member=37]jonnycab[/member] [member=25]TopFroxx[/member] [member=498]Sh0ckw4ve[/member] [member=334]Decoherence[/member]

Piper 2.0 said:
[member=1]Jack[/member]
Like feature is still, dead baby,dead..
And [member=335]AusDoc[/member] isn't around anymore :'( :'(.
:poke:

-P

Jack said:
Blast, it's not showing for some users... *tinkers*

Actually, it worked fine on the rest of the site, just on boards that are set to 'reply only' like the News and Announcement board didn't have 'likes' enabled for everyone else. I adjusted that.

Chrisrocs said:
[member=1]Jack[/member] Hey Jack! This seems like a pretty cool feature, what do you guys think? [member=524]outthislife[/member] [member=555]Piper 2.0[/member] [member=48]rod178[/member] [member=269]sqa[/member] [member=543]Chrisrocs[/member] [member=9]shopster[/member] [member=37]jonnycab[/member] [member=25]TopFroxx[/member] [member=498]Sh0ckw4ve[/member] [member=334]Decoherence[/member]

[member=543]Chrisrocs[/member] lol.. let's not abuse it. :p

Mm.. just fixing one last layout bug that came with the recent changes.. hang tight.

Edit: That does it.. all is good to go! :)

Lol, I noticed the mentions before I noticed the post about them, haha. ;D

And is [member=335]AusDoc[/member] not trading anymore or is he dearly departed?

outthislife said:
[member=555]Piper 2.0[/member]

UQWNgnL.jpg
You've been reported to the proper enforcing authorities of the forum after breaching and abusing the rules of the forum rules about dress and nudity content. :p unless the pic from your webcam.

-P

sqa said:
Lol, I noticed the mentions before I noticed the post about them, haha. ;D

And is [member=335]AusDoc[/member] not trading anymore or is he dearly departed?
Sadly seems he left the forum.. After like 30 yrs i dont think the old wise trading fox will stop. :D Thx 4 reminding me that it's about time to fire up a mail to him.
-P

Piper 2.0 said:
Sadly seems he left the forum.. After like 30 yrs i dont think the old wise trading fox will stop. :D Thx 4 reminding me that it's about time to fire up a mail to him.
-P

Ah, okay. I wanted to get in touch with him as well. If you get a hold of him, have him toss me a PM (or I can send him my email as well).

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back