ICT and the order of the videos

FTMO Trader Scouting

Nikz

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum, so welcome me! :)

Getting straight down to the point, I recently found out about ICT and his website from a friend of mine. I've finished the first four parts of the "what every new trader wants to know" series, but I feel as though I've just been thrown into his entire system and that I as a viewer am expected to know a bunch of things about his teachings that I had never heard of before. I know he had a lot of videos on YouTube and Babypips in the past, but that he subsequently removed them and that the current videos on his website should be in a better and more understandable order to make learning his strategies easier - this has not been the case for me.

I've come to understand the concept of SMT divergence, the COT report, swing points (swing highs and swing lows), a rough understanding of what a "sweet spot" is, but identifying market structure and market structure being broken and subsequently TRADING based on that has been much harder to understand. Is this further explained in subsequent series or what's the deal?

In the "what every new trader wants to know" series Michael also mentions various concepts that I've never heard of before, such as order blocks etc. It definitely adds to the confusion and uncertainty I'm currently experiencing. But I'm strictly dedicated to dig deeper into his teachings and really come to understand it!

I hope you guys can support me a little bit by assuring me if I just keep taking notes and keep going through his videos I should eventually come to understand it all. :)

Thanks in advance!

I would watch the sniper series 3 times to get a good primer then watch all the others. Give yourself time to absorb and taking notes is a must. I know it is a lot of work but I did this with every video he has on his site and it made all the difference. Great place to start learning how to trade instead of unlearning how to loose. ;)

You'll be fine, they're covered later on. I think Michael never intended his teachings to be in "series" that builds on/continues like a curriculum in the beginning but later on due to too many questions put them into a list of "recommanded" order, although the videos originally were never created with that in mind.

d16y said:
You'll be fine, they're covered later on. I think Michael never intended his teachings to be in "series" that builds on/continues like a curriculum in the beginning but later on due to too many questions put them into a list of "recommanded" order, although the videos originally were never created with that in mind.

+1 start with the scout sniper series, then watch the rest and the basic questions will be answered.

then go over this - http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/73982-innercircletrader-trading-fx-like-institutions.html and understand teh controversy surrounding ICT. it is physically palpable almost ;D

I'm new here and was thinking of embarking on the task of learning the ICT methods through watching the videos. A lot seem to have been deleted and he seems to have serious doubters ..... Can someone please give me an honest opinion on these ICT methods.

JohnWooly said:
I'm new here and was thinking of embarking on the task of learning the ICT methods through watching the videos. A lot seem to have been deleted and he seems to have serious doubters ..... Can someone please give me an honest opinion on these ICT methods.

Welcome John. I find ICT's concepts and methods useful. I use what I understand and find. This thread has a bit of both good and bad views of ICT's work http://fxgears.com/forum/index.php/topic,511.0.html if you haven't already found it.

JohnWooly said:

Bit like mining low-grade ores. Lots of time and energy required.

Don't look for methods anyway, look for explanations of how markets actually operate. Big money runs the game. The idea of Retail having an effect like a million piranhas is a myth and a joke... a clown show if you will ;)

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back