Forex Trading and Investing Quotes by Famous Gurus

FTMO Trader Scouting

rod178

“An investor without investment objectives is like a traveler without a destination.” – Ralph Seger

“There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side.”- Jesse Livermore

“When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.” – Warren Buffett

“How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen

“The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” – Ben Graham

“You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ.”- Warren Buffett

“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” - Benjamin Franklin

“Never depend on a single source of income.”- Warren Buffett

“People don’t like the idea of thinking long term. Many are desperately seeking short term answers because they have money problems to be solved today.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Unless we keep the dollars we receive as salary under the pillow, we undertake some form of investing.” ― Meenakshi Sundaram V.Rforex

“Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson

“If investing is entertaining, if you’re having fun, you’re probably not making any money. Good investing is boring.” – George Soros

“When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.” - Oscar Wilde

“If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently from the crowd.” – Sir John Templeton

“The lack of money is the root of all evil.” – Mark Twain

“It is not that we had any unfair knowledge that other people didn’t have, it is just that we did our homework. People just don’t want to believe that anyone can break away from the crowd and rise above mediocrity.” – Paul Tudor Jones

”When an investor focuses on short-term investments, he or she is observing the variability of the portfolio, not the returns – in short, being fooled by randomness.” -Nassim Nicholas Taleb

“Most investors want to do today what they should have done yesterday.” – Larry Summers
“Cash is a fact, profit is an opinion.“ – Alfred Rappaport

“Experienced traders control risk, inexperienced traders chase gains.”- Alan Farleyforex

“… if you cannot accept that losses will occur, then you cannot accept a good trading system that will make a lot of money in the long run but might lose money 60 percent of the time.” – Van Tharp

“I have a problem with too much money. I can’t reinvest it fast enough, and because I reinvest it, more money comes in. Yes, the rich do get richer.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“To be a good trader, you need to trade with your eyes open, recognize real trends and turns, and not waste time or energy on regrets and wishful thinking.” – Alexander Elder

“Amateurs want to be right. Professionals want to make money.” – Alan Greenspan

“If I’d only followed CNBC’s advice, I’d have a million dollars today. Provided I’d started with a hundred million dollars.“ – Jon Stewart

“What seems too high and risky to the majority generally goes higher and what seems low and cheap generally goes lower.”- William O’Neil

“A man got to have a code.” – Omar Little

“All of a sudden the market is all about algos and routers.” ― Michael Lewis, Flash Boys

“The simple reason Goldman wasn’t making much of the big money now being made in the stock market was that the stock market had become a war of robots, and Goldman’s robots were slow.” ― Michael Lewis, Flash Boys

“It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong.” – George Soros

“You don`t need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows” – Bob Dylan

“The markets are unforgiving, and emotional trading always results in losses.” – Alexander Elder

“Your ultimate success or failure will depend on your ability to ignore the worries of the world long enough to allow your investments to succeed.” – Peter Lynch

“Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.’” – Warren Buffett.

“The whole world is simply nothing more than a flow chart for capital.”- Paul Tudor Jones

“In this business if you’re good, you’re right six times out of ten. You’re never going to be right nine times out of ten.” – Peter Lynch

“The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains, they cannot sit tight.” – Jesse Livermore

“Economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.” – Paul Samuelson

“Nobody can predict interest rates, the future direction of the economy, or the stock market.” – Peter Lynch

“After spending many years on Wall Street, and after making and losing millions of dollars. I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting.” – Jesse Livermorechina

“No one ever went broke by taking a profit.” – Jesse Livermore

“If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.” – Chinese proverb

”When an investor focuses on short-term investments, he or she is observing the variability of the portfolio, not the returns – in short, being fooled by randomness.” -Nassim Nicholas Taleb

“Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.” – Zig Ziglar

“If you are given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal.” – Katherine Hepburn

“No one ever went broke by taking a profit.” – Jesse Livermore

Well that one's completely wrong, even though it is a much quoted belief in trading culture. The truth is, this has helped to send quite a lot of traders broke!

Gotta love Katherine Hepburn though. ;D

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back