Reliable scaleout EA

FTMO Trader Scouting
P

Piper

Hey guys!
Does anybody have a reliable one? I purchased myfx back a while ago but the darn thing is disconnecting from the platform almost every time there's a server disturb or disconnection,and i'm ending up ripping my hair. since i don't want to go bald in the neartime,if anybody can help ,would be appreciated (i don't mind paying for it).
Tnx in advance!

Hi Rod!
Want to apply to a trade scaleout points in advance so i won't have to sit near the comp while its ongoing.. 4-5 predetermined points to take out a percentage from the ongoing trade. the best would be for an example if it could be applied to a fib and it would remove it on the chosen fib levels.
cheers

There was one I remember that Clarkfx passed on to me.

It was basically an EA that scaled out of your position by % after it hit a certain pip target and moved your stop. I have to look for it but I can't find one with the fib one.

Hey there!
That would be great,i don't need the fib one,i'll just adjust the targets manually.. tnx!

Tansen here is the one clarkfx passed out a few years back.

Attachments

• Partial Close.ex4
    7.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Partial Close.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 85
Piper said:
Hi Rod!
Want to apply to a trade scaleout points in advance so i won't have to sit near the comp while its ongoing.. 4-5 predetermined points to take out a percentage from the ongoing trade. the best would be for an example if it could be applied to a fib and it would remove it on the chosen fib levels.
cheers

These "Trade Management EAs" are only as reliable as your data feed. A simple script to open four concurrent positions, with TPs which can then be independently managed, would be more effective.

rod178 said:
These "Trade Management EAs" are only as reliable as your data feed. A simple script to open four concurrent positions, with TPs which can then be independently managed, would be more effective.

yea it probably would.. but sometimes it can be such a headache when you are trying to daytrade 3 pairs, plus the longer tf trades.. and brake em all up to 4-5 psoitions... you get my point :)

syzygus009 said:
Tansen here is the one clarkfx passed out a few years back.

Tnx syz!

Here is an EA that appears to do the job. Haven't used it but many have and it has been around for a while so I imagine reliability has been established. You could always ask its creator about this, but wear an asbestos suit when you try. ;)

It's here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=516#p516

Rod's point is valid of course. If you open multiple positions concurrently with individual settings using a script then all positions and settings reside in the system where they can work whether your connection remains up or not. If you use an EA that 'holds' orders ready to manage open positions and lose your connection, possible problem, and remember, Murphy was a trader. :)

Piper said:
yea it probably would.. but sometimes it can be such a headache when you are trying to daytrade 3 pairs, plus the longer tf trades.. and brake em all up to 4-5 psoitions... you get my point :)

Tnx syz!

No difference - just place the EA parameters in the script, which is run once for all four entries

I know it's not MT4... but cTrader has a built in 'Advanced Take Profit' feature to their desktop client:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9rUd53B260

You set various levels and how much you're taking off at each level (either by % of your position or by volume.)

Pepper has cTrader: http://fxgears.com/forum/index.php/topic,24.0.html

(Other brokers offer it too, but I've only used Pepper's..)

cTrader 'advanced take profit levels' operate in a similar fashion to MT4 trailing profits (or MT4 coded TP) ie client dependent.

AusDoc said:
Here is an EA that appears to do the job. Haven't used it but many have and it has been around for a while so I imagine reliability has been established. You could always ask its creator about this, but wear an asbestos suit when you try. ;)

It's here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=516#p516

Rod's point is valid of course. If you open multiple positions concurrently with individual settings using a script then all positions and settings reside in the system where they can work whether your connection remains up or not. If you use an EA that 'holds' orders ready to manage open positions and lose your connection, possible problem, and remember, Murphy was a trader. :)

I have used Steve's ea's. Some times I swear by them and sometimes I swear at them. There are so many options that it can be quite confusing. I have used this ea successfully. Message me if you have any questions I will try to help- Don't bother Steve, there is an area where you can ask questions but it will probably be answered by some one else.

Test this ea or any other extensively on a demo account before going live and then test live using minimum lot sizes until you are confident it will work reliably for you.

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back