Axitrader Feedback

FTMO Trader Scouting
Very happy here as well. Spreads a bit wider than Pepper, but execution and up time flawless so far.

Can't close any of my freakin trades! Hope they will do good on balance adjustements. Winner now looser. Pepper always made good here. Including lost profit.

Axitrader has unreliable servers (ie USdatacenter 1 and 2)

Have a close look at M1 and you will see many small gaps. These are short feed disruptions.

Currently I have had no feed since 16:10 server time (10:16pm Perth time) It is now midnight is Perth. All other provider feeds no problem. Also others on Axi have same issue tonight.

Looking at giving them the flick if they do not get their act together.

rod178 said:
Axitrader has unreliable servers (ie USdatacenter 1 and 2)

Have a close look at M1 and you will see many small gaps. These are short feed disruptions.

Currently I have had no feed since 16:10 server time (10:16pm Perth time) It is now midnight is Perth. All other provider feeds no problem. Also others on Axi have same issue tonight.

Looking at giving them the flick if they do not get their act together.

I'm starting to wonder if it's related to internet transit over the net between NY4 and Australasia / Asia.. since my VPS running in NYC did have a bit of a hic up (down for a few seconds) but did not lose the quote history like some others experienced.

Question: does anyone still use their Australian servers?

I'm working with a contact at Axi, so if anything interesting comes up on the forums here I'll relay that info to him to comment on..

Apparently, the new server they put around August is solid, so perhaps you could request to migrate over to it if you're still having issues?

PS correction to my initial post

The outage was from Server time 18:10 to 19:33, at least that is what history is indicating.

Additionally US Datacentre 02 still seems to be down, only US Datacentre 01 is providing a feed. Usually I can switch between the two, obviously it seems to be a US Server reliability issue.

Today (2pm Sydney time) I phoned Axitrader customer support regarding the Server downtime. Basically a waste of time. The best that I could get out of her was that there had been Server downtime. Other than that she had no clue at all.

I would have thought that over an hours downtime would have initiated some preparation, so as to be able to provide detailed responses to customer complaints. Apparently not.

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of it now.. and I'm near NYC myself let alone from my VPS. So it appears to be an issue on their end for sure.

Others are reporting it online as well.

Axi usually isn't this bad though. They aren't my main broker, so I'm not keeping eyeballs on their feed most of the day, but in the time I've used them it normally isn't like this. Usually the pro and standard servers are pretty rock solid. The only issues I've had in the past was on their old Australian servers from a long time ago.

I will writing in and see what they say. In the mean time, let's hope they sort out whatever's causing the issues and get back on track.

Managed to close out the trade in profit an hour later, about how long the outage lasted… I am on server 02. Would have been interesting seeing how they would have dealt with my loss if i had one…

I have a small account there, and don't think I will be closing it yet. This is a first for me with Axi, so will see what the long run brings.

The other issue was they stopped answering phone and chat all together, not really impressed.

Reply form my account manager: "We are still pursuing a clear answer from a third party provider…"

Will keep you updated if i receive a answer.

rod178 said:
I would have thought that over an hours downtime would have initiated some preparation, so as to be able to provide detailed responses to customer complaints. Apparently not.
Agree.

Yeah, they got swamped with customers flooding their chat and phone support lines about the issue.

A plan to deal with such an outage would have gone a long way here.. even putting an automated response to their chat and phone system saying they "are aware of the problem and are working on it" would have been better than just not answering.

I'll mention this to them in my followup email.

I'm also curious about them blaming a 3rd party provider. If that's where the fault is, then I'd expect a full breakdown of details surrounding it, else it's still a problem Axi has to own up to.

Jack said:
...I'm also curious about them blaming a 3rd party provider. If that's where the fault is, then I'd expect a full breakdown of details surrounding it, else it's still a problem Axi has to own up to...

It was indicated to me that the problem was due to internal software issues ie their own custome MT4 plugin

A quick search indicates other recent extended downtime. Obviously there are some underlying unresolved issues. Just one example - http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3346.285

Additionally, there have seen numerous short feed disruptions (seconds to a few minutes) over the last twelve months that many are probably not aware of.

All brokers have issues here and there. It’s how they own up to it, resolve the issue and keep communications open and ready to reply when this stuff happens that sets them apart. The communication part was a total disaster, given that they proclaim to be the biggest spot broker in Australia…

More like a mom and pop shop for now to me. Let’s hope they learned from this and will be better prepared next time. How hard can it be to at least have automated replies to keep us up to date.

Pepper and others actually excel at this. They replied with a message and added that all trades affected will be rectified. Which sets a person more at ease while he is freaking out looking at disaster happening. And then made good on what they replied with.

In the FX world of brokers, we are basically picking the best from the worst. Just my experience so far. Some exceptions do arise…

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back