ICT Advanced Price Action Trading Concepts

FTMO Trader Scouting
Epic! I knew you were up to something.

Any news on the 8th installment of the scout sniper series.. it seems like it failed to finish uploading (not that I have had time to watch it yet anyways).

* Subscribed *

P.S. I want to see where that myfxbook account is at! I could use some motivation :)

Any plans on showing/opening that up soon?

InnerCircleTrader said:
http://youtu.be/EjJUa7bXEHU​

Shame on you... you really thought I wasn't busy behind the curtain? 8)

Subscribe now!
:pbnj: Nice to here from you. :pbnj:
:thumbsup: Look forward to your new avenue in mentoring. :thumbsup:
:ponder: By the way how does one subscribe?:ponder:

markkus22 said:
:(

I have a very stupid question : how and where to subscribe?!

:eek:

Notification options on this thread related to this series. Plus Youtube subscription for any other videos he releases.

Here are some motivation video I hope you find useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g

slugFX said:
P.S. I want to see where that myfxbook account is at! I could use some motivation :)

Any plans on showing/opening that up soon?

Does anybody have the seminar by ICT that is title "Higher Time Analysis Part 2"?

I have it from a torrent that I downloaded with all of ICT's material, but the part 2 of that seminar doesn't have any audio.

I have taken notes on every single ICT video except that one and the PTC videos so I am getting very close to having notes of everything on my iPad for reading while lounging around.

P.S. Microsoft OneNote is a very useful tool when taking trading notes.. you can sync it across any device.

Recall the Tweet I made titled "The Mark"?

Study that and the video I posted as a post market overview. We go into it deeper later today in video format.

I am uploading the Yen trade I made and tweeted the result on last week. Should be up on Youtube shortly.

GLGT 8)

Awesome Vid Michael.

On the USDJPY, I was sitting & staring at that Monday, March 3rd Buy Signal for the entire week. Sometimes it's just as simple as your methods lay out. I managed to convince myself otherwise. (Plus I wasn't sure what Putin was up to)

The Fib Order Block Concept

When selecting your timeframe on which you aim to trade - hourly, 15m or 5m charts - the 100 level will typically be used a Support or Resistance level. If you select trades on an hourly basis as a minimum you will find additional scalps and or entry points using the smaller timeframe from that which you used to overlay your Fib.

What do I mean? The 15m chart might have a smaller trading pattern with associated Order Blocks to key off the 100 Fib level and frame a secondary entry point or scalp inside the unfolding higher timeframe Trade Idea. Or the 5m chart might provide this additional pattern for short term trading or the scalp set up. Remember it is very important for the trades to anchored on some higher timeframe basis. By doing this you add increased odds - no guarantee - that you trade setup will find greater chances of success and as a default... profitability.

For increased odds in selecting Trade Setups, consider hunting the Buys in Pivot BuyZones. By coupling the Order Blocks, with Fibs and PivotZones you gather an amazing selection of filters that if used independently might find lower odds. However, when used in conjunction with each other they really filter some remarkable setups that force the Trader to sit on his/her hands and trade the choicest setups. This is a game changer for most traders that skim the waters or profitability and or marginally successful.

For homework:

Review your charts with 60m setups and hunt the buys in PivotZone region - Central Pivot or lower to S2 levels. For 60m setups while hunting shorts in the PivotZone region - Central Pivot or higher to R2 levels. Combine the Price Action we stalk around a predetermined S&R level, into a Order Block, in the respective PivotZone.

Share your chart discoveries here for everyone's review.
Happy Hunting!

Anyone know of a mentor that doesn't change strategies continuously? Also provides well documented examples for exercises given? And also provides hope and not fairytales?

If you know of any please send me a p.m., all I've found is false hopes, crushed dreams, and debt...

Thanks,

In short then...you aren't doing your homework, if you were to walk into my living room, you would see charts of YEARS, looked at, drawn on, and researched through, don't blame someone else for your inability to learn, he does this all for FREE, you aren't required to listen or do anything he says, if you don't like ICT, don't follow him lol as simple as that, and if you think you can PAY for a mentor better than ICT, you are also dreaming

PS: he hasn't changed anything, pivot zones he spoke about all the way back in his babypips days :)

Good day :)

PipHanger said:
Anyone know of a mentor that doesn't change strategies continuously? Also provides well documented examples for exercises given? And also provides hope and not fairytales?

If you know of any please send me a p.m., all I've found is false hopes, crushed dreams, and debt...

Thanks,

So ICT's stuff is working for you, great, I assume you at least doubled your small account then?

If his stuff has worked for you maybe you can help someone that's struggling grasping his concepts them, maybe someone else that understands it can teach it in a way others can also understand it.

Looking forward to any help you may provide.

Thanks, you have a good day too...

I do understand pivot zones came from his babypip days, but what you don't understand is the question I asked, "mentor that doesn't change strategies continuously"...

He came up with the 9ema crossing the 18ema, looking for buy or sell in the appropriate direction, with Daily Market Structure in agreement. Then zero down to 4HR chart to get your entry at an Order Block. I think he quoted that this strategy is all you needed to make a living at this...? So why not use this all the time?

Why doesn't he just go over examples of this strategy, (working ones and none working ones) to discuss with us to better educate us on this strategy?

He also gave me personally a strategy to use, which I found difficult and hard to understand, which my thoughts came to be that it wasn't profitable. Why didn't he go any farther in using this strategy or go over examples?

The list goes on and on and by now you should get my point.

Don't over protect something you know nothing about, I use to be the same way when someone bad mouthed something I once had passion for...it's until your passion dwindles will you understand how to let things go.

PipPimp said:
PS: he hasn't changed anything, pivot zones he spoke about all the way back in his babypips days :)

Well my friend, the reason i personally believe is for this reason...some people will really grasp one concept, as it suits their personality as another person it wont, so he gives different options for different people, for instance if someone really likes pivots + OTE, or round number and order block, etc...we all grasp things differently, since we are all individuals, also...this isn't a mechanical system and therefore i think its MUCH better, you do have to be able to spot stop hunts, etc...or patterns, turtle soup, reflections etc...along with everything above, he does NOT want to spoon feed us, he just wants to guide us so WE can become the traders who WE wanna become, its our job, not his...I have been using how he trades for only a few months now, and its STUNNING

PipHanger said:
I do understand pivot zones came from his babypip days, but what you don't understand is the question I asked, "mentor that doesn't change strategies continuously"...

He came up with the 9ema crossing the 18ema, looking for buy or sell in the appropriate direction, with Daily Market Structure in agreement. Then zero down to 4HR chart to get your entry at an Order Block. I think he quoted that this strategy is all you needed to make a living at this...? So why not use this all the time?

Why doesn't he just go over examples of this strategy, (working ones and none working ones) to discuss with us to better educate us on this strategy?

He also gave me personally a strategy to use, which I found difficult and hard to understand, which my thoughts came to be that it wasn't profitable. Why didn't he go any farther in using this strategy or go over examples?

The list goes on and on and by now you should get my point.

Don't over protect something you know nothing about, I use to be the same way when someone bad mouthed something I once had passion for...it's until your passion dwindles will you understand how to let things go.

FTMO Trader Scouting
Back